dboss
Shamrock1000
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition Empty NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:48 am

2 weeks to the trade deadline and rumors, and actual trades, will start to heat up.

One rumor over the past day or two is a possible reunion with Daniel Theis.  To absorb his $8.2M contract, though, I think Brad would have to move Al Horford (or Smart, but certainly not for Theis).  Brad just unloaded Juancho to shed some salary to get under the luxury tax, and still isn't quite there (which leads me to believe there will be some additional activity on the trade front).  Brad has several TPEs, so $/trade is easier than without them.  Furthermore, would we really need Theis if we have RWill, AND Al, AND Enes AND, now, Bol Bol?  We won't know what we've got with Bol until almost the end of the season, at best, but he is a Celtic.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition Empty Re: NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/01/why-odds-of-celtics-keeping-dennis-schroder-amid-trade-rumors-may-be-higher-than-anticipated-brian-robb.html

Why odds of Celtics keeping Dennis Schroder amid trade rumors may be higher than anticipated

Updated: Jan. 27, 2022, 11:05 a.m. | Published: Jan. 27, 2022, 11:05 a.m.

https://www.masslive.com/resizer/hCuO0rdlHyE0piURpZjocloX_d8=/800x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/advancelocal/BQJWUA7UJZAO7CNVX2DHERL7WE.jpg
Boston Celtics guard Dennis Schroder (71) drives into Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr., right, during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, in Houston. (AP Photo/Michael Wyke)AP

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

There are few names on the Celtics’ roster mentioned in trade rumors as much as Dennis Schroder in recent weeks. This comes as no surprise given the team’s situation just past the midway point of the season. Boston has underachieved with a 25-24 record, leading many to question whether the team will sell on some veteran role players ahead of next month’s trade deadline.

Schroder signed a one-year, $5.9 million contract last August, making him an obvious candidate to be moved if Brad Stevens wants to secure some value for the potential offseason flight risk. The Celtics do not have any cap space this summer and do not hold Bird Rights on Schroder, limiting the amount they can offer him in contract negotiations this summer. Many assume Schroder will be able to get a bigger deal outside of Boston but a closer look (more on that later) at the cap teams in 2022 signals that’s far from a sure thing.

Schroder has performed well at times within his role as a sixth man and part-time starter with the Celtics. He has averaged 15.4 points and 4.6 assists per game, both above his career averages. In an exclusive interview with MassLive.com this season, Schroder opened up about his free agency process last summer and his hopes for staying with the Celtics beyond the current campaign.

“Hopefully with the Boston Celtics for a long time”

Schroder had made over $70 million in his NBA career and appeared to be on track to earn tens of millions more in his next deal when he first hit free agency last summer. However, once the Lakers landed Russell Westbrook via trade to take his starting point guard role, big money options for Schroder failed to emerge in a crowded guard market as cap space quickly dried up.

“When (free agency) first started, my agent was really, really quiet,” Schroder said. “We talked about, before in free agency, everyone wanted to talk and be close to us, if that makes sense, before free agency hit. It was all weird, I gotta be honest. I called (my former general manager) Sam Presti and he was like, ‘Dennis, I don’t even know how to tell you. I’ve been in this business a long time and I’ve never seen something like that.’”

Ultimately, the Celtics emerged as a suitor, with only the non-taxpayer midlevel exception ($5.9 million) to offer. They did also come to the negotiating table armed with opportunity though following the trades of Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier.

“The number one thing is we knew we were in a financial situation where we were going to try our best not to hard cap ourselves and navigate the funds we had available for free agency, which obviously wasn’t much,” Brad Stevens told MassLive. “That said, we were hopeful that we would be able to add impact players at those appropriate costs and as it went along, in those first 48 hours, Dennis was still available and we started looking around and obviously, it became more clear that this might be a feasible option. He was certainly a guy that was super interested and at the same time, we were also cognizant of the fact that we may not even have a crack at it.”

After debating his options for several days, Schroder went with Boston’s bargain offer over several other suitors, giving himself a chance to hit the free agent market again in the summer of 2022 for a bigger payday. He said earlier this season that he hopes a new deal comes from his current team.

“At the end of the day, for me,” Schroder told MassLive, “I’m just looking for the situation right now, one year, I got one year and then after that, I’ll be right back where I need to be. Hopefully with the Boston Celtics for a long time, because I think it’s a great fit and what they want from me, I feel already comfortable here. Even pushing JT, JB, all those guys with Al.

“If you are always looking to others and saying, ‘Listen you got this much money’ or ‘I didn’t get this,’ then you are in trouble. Right now, where I am in my life, my family is good, we are still making a lot of money, it’s the best f----ing job you can get. I’m blessed to be here and I think next (offseason) -- the cards are going to be shuffled new -- and I’m going to be in a very different position.”

Does Schroder realistically think that a new deal could come from Boston, given their cap limitations?

“For sure,” Schroder said. “Even Brad said that (last summer). He was like, ‘Listen, maybe for this year you get that money but next year, hopefully with us, we can extend it.’ I’m 28 and all these young guys, Jaylen, JT, they are turning 24 or 25. I’m hitting my prime soon and I think we can do something.”

But would the Celtics have a good chance to retain Schroder if he continues his solid campaign as a sixth man and part-time starter? A quick look at the free agency market shows the odds of Boston making a competitive offer and retaining Schroder (if he’s not traded) are better than they might seem.

Cap room will be hard to find in 2022 free agency

As of January, there are only four teams projected to have significant salary cap space in the summer. Two of those teams are in the midst of a significant rebuild (Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic) making the odds of them investing in a 28-year-old Schroder low. The Magic also has a list of young guards locked up on long-term deals (Markelle Fultz, Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton).

The other two are the Memphis Grizzlies, with a franchise point guard in Ja Morant, and the San Antonio Spurs. Gregg Popovich has a pair of ballhandlers in Dejounte Murray and Derrick White locked up to long-term deals as well.

Needless to say, there doesn’t appear to be an obvious free agent suitor for Schroder within that quartet of teams, particularly at a point guard position that is plenty deep around the league.

So what’s Schroder’s best option if teams with cap space don’t want him on a sizable deal? The next logical fit is a team using their full mid-level exception, a $10.1 million starting salary for next season. Only 12 teams are projected to have access to that non-taxpayer MLE and the vast majority of those are either set at point guard or in the midst of a rebuild. Like last year, Schroder could be left with limited or no options if he’s seeking both opportunity and a pay bump.

Depending on what the Celtics elect to do with Al Horford’s partially guaranteed ($14 of 26.5 million) contract this offseason, Boston may have access to the full mid-level exception. Otherwise, they will once again be limited to the taxpayer mid-level. However, the more likely scenario in which Schroder stays with the team is Boston using its non-Bird Rights (120 percent of his current salary) on the veteran to make a competitive offer of $7.1 million per year.

Given that several playoff teams are projected to be in the luxury tax next season, those squads will only have $6.2 million to offer players like Schroder with their taxpayer MLE. Boston could offer more than all of those teams with their non-Bird Rights (and still maintain the ability to spend with their own MLE) and may end up being the highest bidder.

Would the Celtics even want Schroder back?

The numbers on this front are mixed. Schroder has played largely in line with his career numbers, a sometimes inefficient offensive player on the whole with a high turnover rate. However, he plays with good pace, is getting to the free throw line and is surprisingly one of the better 3-point shooters on the roster (35 percent) this year, though that isn’t a high bar in this group. However, the splits with Schroder in a bigger role are staggering. He’s averaging 19 points and 5.1 assists per game during his 25 starts this year, with tremendous jumps in his field goal percentage (48.6 percent) and 3-point shooting (38.1 percent) compared to his numbers as a reserve (35% FG, 30% 3pt FG).

The more important question for the front office though is evaluating his fit with the team’s core, and the early returns on that front are somewhat promising. Schroder has a +6.3 net rating in his 338 minutes played so far with Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum which is essentially on par with Marcus Smart’s rating (+6.7 net rating) with the duo this year over 486 minutes. That Smart/Tatum/Brown net rating has nearly doubled in the past four days after blowout wins over the Wizards and Kings.

Add starting center Robert Williams to that mix and the on-court numbers look even better for Schroder with the team’s core group. The four-man unit of Schroder/Brown/Tatum/Williams has a +15.9 net rating over 168 minutes, which is the second-best net rating on the roster among the 12 four-man units that have played 150 minutes together.

There’s little doubt that Smart is the better all-around point guard but it’s fair to wonder if retaining Schroder on a $7 million deal were possible for 2022-23, would Boston’s front office do it? In that scenario, Smart or Josh Richardson could potentially be moved to add a significant upgrade (shooting?) in another area, while also providing the team with more financial flexibility by moving a bigger salary.

That’s not to say Schroder and Smart can’t co-exist together on the same team either with the right roster around them. It’s evident that putting the duo together on the floor during crunch time is not a recipe for success on offense without the necessary sharpshooting around them (something the Celtics don’t have at the moment). However, if they stay within their roles (i.e. not playing together on offense in crunch time) and are surrounded by adequate floor spacing, that’s a strong 48 minutes at point guard. Whether Schroder is interested in staying in his current role would be the bigger question. Offering him a bigger consistent role (i.e. the starting point guard job) could be a way to convince him to stay for Boston if the team gets an appealing trade proposal for Smart. What happens to the development of Payton Pritchard if Smart and Schroder both stay remains unclear but there are certainly some fans of Schroder within the organization so he wouldn’t necessarily be the odd man out.

A similar path to Bobby Portis?

So is there any precedent to a situation like Schroder finds himself in? A player who signs a bargain deal and then re-ups for another short-term deal in a tough free-agent marketplace? Look no further than Bobby Portis with the Milwaukee Bucks in 2021. Portis signed for the bi-annual exception ($3.7 million) before the 2020-21 season and easily outplayed his contract, helping the Bucks win an NBA title.

He elected to re-sign with the Bucks on a two-year deal this offseason (which includes a player option) using non-Bird Rights, giving him a slight raise to $4.3 million for this year. That is far less than what other free agent suitors were willing to pay him. There’s no doubt that a comfort level in Milwaukee helped to convince him to stay put but in a limited free-agent market, there was some added incentive for Portis to re-sign as well. Playing two straight years in Milwaukee will earn him early Bird Rights, which gives the Bucks the ability to offer him 175 percent of his current contract when he becomes a free agent this offseason.

That path could be similarly appealing to Schroder if he doesn’t draw much of a market in free agency. Even for a team without cap space for the foreseeable future like Boston, the Celtics could offer him a two-year deal worth $14.5 million that includes a $7.4 million player option for 2023-24 this summer (to protect against injury). If Schroder signs that deal, his two straight years with Boston at the end of the 2022-23 season would give the team his early Bird Rights, allowing the Celtics to offer him a 75 percent raise (up to $12.4 million as a starting salary) in 2023 if he opted out and hit free agency then.

At that point, a long-term deal involving Early Bird rights (something up to three years, $40 million) could be Schroder’s best path to getting paid well over the long-term on a team that can give him meaningful opportunity and a path to contending. That type of contract could also be a solid value deal still for the Celtics if Schroder continues this level of production.

Final Thoughts

Ultimately, Schroder’s feelings about the matter may not mean much if the Celtics find an appealing trade offer for him at the deadline or if they don’t want to invest in him beyond this season. All it takes is one team to make a sizable offer in free agency for this possibility to fade and a surprise team could end up creating cap space in the offseason with a couple of trades in the coming months.

With that said, the Celtics have limited means of improving themselves over the next two offseasons in free agency as an over-the-cap team and will have to strip down a good portion of their supporting cast to make any impactful additions not involving Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. Giving Schroder up for a pedestrian return (i.e. a second-round pick) should hold limited appeal if they believe they have a good chance of retaining him next offseason without using their mid-level exception. After the team’s talent drain over the past few offseasons, finding good value is crucial for Boston to work their way back towards contention. Keeping the door open to retaining Schroder, potentially as a cheaper Smart alternative, falls in line with that.

Bob
MY NOTE:  If Schroder stays, not just through the trade deadline but signs another contract with us for however many years, then what about Nesmith and Pritchard?  If those two don't develop much this year it might not be the end of the world but if Scroder is our first guard off the bench next year and into the future too then what does that say about them and how Brad and Ime see their future here?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition Empty Re: NBA Trades and Rumors- 2022 Edition

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:25 pm

I hope Schroeder stays. I don't get the logic of having to trade him. Of course I get that re-signing him will be difficult, and that we don't want him to walk while getting nothing in return. However, to me, 2 second round picks that will almost certainly never put on a Celtics uniform or provide any real value as assets is pretty much the same as getting nothing. I would rather have a better team, and the positive momentum that might come with a strong finish, even if we are not true contenders. And, as the article says, maybe there is some way we can keep him.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:52 pm

I do not see the Celtics keeping Smart (new money kicks in next year) and Schroeder.  One of them is not going to be here.  Dennis remains the most likely to be traded candidate on the team.

However if Dennis stays for the remainder of the year and if he is willing to sign for the most that we can pay him I think you have to flip Marcus to address another position need like a shooter.  The team still has to consider PP and also the kid overseas (Yam Madar)

Looking at the remainder of this year I could envision a trade with Schroder going to Denver, NY or maybe even Cleveland.  All those teams need to add depth at the PG as they jockey for playoff positioning.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:01 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:I hope Schroeder stays. I don't get the logic of having to trade him. Of course I get that re-signing him will be difficult, and that we don't want him to walk while getting nothing in return. However, to me, 2 second round picks that will almost certainly never put on a Celtics uniform or provide any real value as assets is pretty much the same as getting nothing. I would rather have a better team, and the positive momentum that might come with a strong finish, even if we are not true contenders. And, as the article says, maybe there is some way we can keep him.

Rock

If they move him at the deadline the logic will be to eliminate the luxury tax which would save our rich owners money and open up the door for having the full MLE.

There are a lot of 2nd round picks in the NBA that have become quality players. Unfortunately Boston under Ainge was not been very good at late first and 2nd round selections. Still, 2nd rounders are very valuable in closing deals. They are sweeteners.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:21 pm

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:I hope Schroeder stays. I don't get the logic of having to trade him. Of course I get that re-signing him will be difficult, and that we don't want him to walk while getting nothing in return. However, to me, 2 second round picks that will almost certainly never put on a Celtics uniform or provide any real value as assets is pretty much the same as getting nothing. I would rather have a better team, and the positive momentum that might come with a strong finish, even if we are not true contenders. And, as the article says, maybe there is some way we can keep him.

Rock

If they move him at the deadline the logic will be to eliminate the luxury tax which would save our rich owners money and open up the door for having the full MLE.

There are a lot of 2nd round picks in the NBA that have become quality players.  Unfortunately Boston under Ainge  was not been very good at late first and 2nd round selections.  Still, 2nd rounders are very valuable in closing deals.  They are sweeteners.

Thanks Dboss - the luxury tax thing sort of makes sense. While I know second round picks sometimes carve out roles (and even become stars), the numbers say it's a bad bet...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-celtics-guard-dennis-schroder-154012410.html

Report: Celtics guard Dennis Schroder a ‘main target’ for Cavs’ new $9 million disabled player exception

Justin Quinn
Fri, January 28, 2022, 7:40 AM

Boston Celtics veteran point guard Dennis Schroder might just be a Cleveland Cavalier by the end of the 2021-22 NBA season according to new reporting by ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. In a recent appearance on the network’s “NBA Today” show, the senior writer revealed that the German floor general was a player of interest for the Cavs to use a freshly-granted injury exception on via trade.

“Today they were granted a $9 million disabled player exception by the league for the Ricky Rubio season-ending ACL. They can use that to trade for a player with one year left on his contract,” explained Windhorst.

“League executives believe a main target for that will be Dennis Schroder, who fits into that trade exception. Such a trade would potentially take the Celtics below the luxury tax and he could help (Cleveland) on the perimeter.”

Given this tracks with what we’ve been seeing from the Celtics in their prior moves bringing in Bol Bol and PJ Dozier for Juancho Hernangomez and the fact that the collective bargaining agreement of the league will not allow Boston to offer Schroder more than 120% of his current bargain salary, there may well be fire to go with this smoke.

Bob
MY NOTE: Just what we need, another TPE. Rolling Eyes Nevertheless, we know Brad, Wyc and Pags are keen to get under the luxury tax line so they aren't repeat offenders and hamstring their ability to make deals this offseason, so maybe there is something more than just wishful thinking here. A TPE and a draft pick? Schroder is entering his prime, that should be worth something.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:26 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265591/Knicks-Open-To-Trading-Kemba-Walker-Evan-Fournier-and-Alec-Burks

Knicks Open To Trading Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier and Alec Burks

JAN 28, 2022 8:35 AM

The New York Knicks season hasn't gone as expected, as they currently sit on the outside of the Play-In tournament with an under .500 record. As such, New York is evaluating moving some of their veteran players in trades.

Speaking on NBA Today, Brian Windhorst said that the Knicks are open to moving "Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier, Alec Burks, guys like this."

New York has younger options behind each of the veteran players. This includes recent draftees Immanuel Quickley and Quentin Grimes, and recently acquired Cam Reddish. Upon acquiring Reddish, Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau cautioned that it might be difficult to work Reddish into an already-crowded wing rotation.

BRIAN WINDHORST/ESPN

Bob
MY NOTE:  It'd be a very dull and boring life without the NY Knicks' front office, wouldn't it?  For what it's worth an NBA Trade Machine says Schroder-for-Kemba works but we'd be adding salary this year and next, so Brad would never do this trade, not even to get Kemba back at a fraction of the price he shipped him out at.  Brad and Wyc and Pags want to get under the luxury tax threshold by the end of this season to provide flexibility next year.  And Fournier?  They thought they pulled off such a coup by signing him away from us.  Maybe Brad wasn't quite the fresh-faced rube they could take advantage of like they thought.  Same with Brooklyn signing Kyrie, they were positively preening themselves.  He who laughs last, laughs best.   Who do you think will Dolan fire first?  Thibs or GM Scott Perry? Neither one is the fans' choice but Dolan won't fire himself.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:38 am

Ditto on last sentence.  Please put your massive ego aside, make the world, the NBA and NY Knicks a better place and fire yourself.  The Knicks haven't had jack since the Walt Frazier/Dave Debusschere days.  That's just about my entire life.  I've never understood how NY has propped up this franchise for all those years having next to nothing.  Aren't the Knicks the most valuable NBA franchise still?!!  I think we're 5th.  Amazing.  Smoke and mirrors marketing geniuses for sure.    

db

P.S. Oh yeah. And it's getting real close to entering in the nuclear codes and blowing up that All-Star stacking experiment gone awry (which it always does) in Los Angeles.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-explored-152159113.html

NBA trade rumors: Celtics explored Malik Beasley deal with Timberwolves

Darren Hartwell
Wed, February 2, 2022, 7:21 AM

As momentum builds toward the NBA trade deadline, more nuggets about the Boston Celtics' strategy are emerging.

The Celtics recently explored a deal with the Timberwolves that would have sent veteran wing Josh Richardson and "one of either Romeo Langford (or) Aaron Nesmith" to Minnesota in return for guard Malik Beasley, The Athletic's Jared Weiss and Jon Krawczynski reported Wednesday.

According to Weiss, talks stalled because the Wolves "sought to maintain flexibility for bigger moves at the deadline."

Forsberg's Mailbag: Plotting a trade deadline plan for Celtics
Richardson, Langford and Nesmith all have been mentioned as potential trade chips for Boston, and Beasley would have been an interesting return piece.

The 25-year-old is having a down year offensively (12.0 points per game; 37.1% from the floor, 34.3% from three) but averaged a career-high 19.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season for Minnesota while hitting 40% of his 3-pointers.

Beasley is on a manageable contract, as well -- four years, $60 million with a club option for 2023-24 -- so it makes sense why the Celtics would target him as they aim to add more offensive firepower to support their core of Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Robert Williams.

It's possible the C's explore another deal for Richardson, who's enjoying a strong season off Boston's bench -- 9.8 points per game, 39.1% from three -- and is on a team-friendly deal.

Boston also may look to move guard Dennis Schroder and/or veteran Marcus Smart, although the latter appears more likely to stay put thanks to his recent success as a true point guard in the Celtics offense.

The trade deadline is next Thursday, Feb. 10, so this will be a very busy stretch for new president of basketball operations Brad Stevens.

Bob
MY NOTE:  25 years old, 6'4", 185#, having a very bad shooting year but isn't that bad of a shooter normally.  He's also not much of a distributor.  I don't get this rumor, I don't see what's in it for us.  I certainly don't see how Malik Beasley equals Josh and Romeo or Nesmith. He also is making $14M/year and is under contract until 2023-2024, so I understand the salary math of it but I don't see it from a team needs perspective.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Beasley is a poor defender and does not move the needle clockwise. And he has an anger management issue.

Beasley had plead guilty to a felony charge of threats of violence. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was sentenced Tuesday to 120 days in jail after pleading guilty to a felony charge of threats of violence for pointing a rifle at a family outside his home last fall.Feb 9, 2021

Just say NO
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:53 pm

dboss wrote:Beasley is a poor defender and does not move the needle clockwise.  And he has an anger management issue.

Beasley had plead guilty to a felony charge of threats of violence. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was sentenced Tuesday to 120 days in jail after pleading guilty to a felony charge of threats of violence for pointing a rifle at a family outside his home last fall.Feb 9, 2021

Just say NO

Nice going dboss. Now when Malik sees what you posted he’s going to come after you.

P.S. Maybe that family he was pointing a rifle at were trespassing and wearing hoods. Maybe.

Last edited by Ktron on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:53 pm

The safe bet is to just move Schroeder and if you can do that without taking back any salary that would be great.

Then you elevate PP to be the BU PG and then go out and sign another low cost PG to add a little depth.

Adding a marginal wing to the mix really does not put the team in contention.  We have a solid starting unit but we lack depth off the bench.  I just do not see being able to improve that depth until the off season.  

I definitely would like to see Langford, Pritchard and Nesmith play more.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:54 pm

dboss wrote:The safe bet is to just move Schroeder and if you can do that without taking back any salary that would be great.

Then you elevate PP to be the BU PG and then go out and sign another low cost PG to add a little depth.

Adding a marginal wing to the mix really does not put the team in contention.  We have a solid starting unit but we lack depth off the bench.  I just do not see being able to improve that depth until the off season.  

How about adding another PG with more experience than PP and keeping PP where he belongs until proven otherwise.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:58 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:Beasley is a poor defender and does not move the needle clockwise.  And he has an anger management issue.

Just say NO

Nice going dboss. Now when Malik sees what you posted he’s going to come after you.

P.S. Maybe that family he was pointing a rifle at were trespassing and wearing hoods. Maybe.

I am sure that if he was having an encounter with the Klan we would know about that. If he comes after me then I will be the one with the rifle. I'm sure that you are pleased that I brought this to the attention of the board. Nothing like throwing a bucket of cold water on another mindless trade rumor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:00 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:The safe bet is to just move Schroeder and if you can do that without taking back any salary that would be great.

How about adding another PG with more experience than PP and keeping PP where he belongs until proven otherwise.

If they can do that on the cheap I am all in.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:02 pm

Just say NO

dboss,

I, for one, cannot see choir boy Brad Stevens bring in a gun-flashing loose cannon (multiple firearm metaphors there).

I hope this rumor is the Minnesota front office trying to generate interest in someone they'd love to dump on someone.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:11 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Just say NO

I am sure that if he was having an encounter with the Klan we would know about that.  If he comes after me then I will be the one with the rifle.  I'm sure that you are pleased that I brought this to the attention of the board.  Nothing like throwing a bucket of cold water on another mindless trade rumor.

Cept i don't think it had much to do with anger management.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:12 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Just say NO

dboss,

I, for one, cannot see choir boy Brad Stevens bring in a gun-flashing loose cannon (multiple firearm metaphors there).

I hope this rumor is the Minnesota front office trying to generate interest in someone they'd love to dump on someone.

Bob

But But..we need more shooters on this team!! :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:30 pm

How about going after Jerami Grant?

According to the NBA trade machine tool you could move both Schroder and Richardson for him.  The numbers work but a 1st round pick may be needed.  In a separate transaction with Detroit, the Celtics could use a portion of one of their TPE's to snag a PG.  Ready to play Corey Joseph can BU Marcus.

This transaction would however keep the team in luxury tax hell for the year.

Grant would fit nicely with the Jays in a lineup where he can swing between SF and PF. At 27 he fits the timeline.

Why Detroit makes the trade? They get a first rounder to help with their ongoing rebuild and they get to dump some salary that could open the door for other moves.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:05 pm

Hoping the rumor that Philly gets Beal for Simmons falls through the cracks.

If Philly got Beal that have to be considered as the top dog in the East and a legit contender to make it to the big dance. That would be bad news for Boston due to the trigger contained in Al Horford's contract (2022 $14.5 million guaranteed, $19.5 million guaranteed if PHI makes Finals in 2020, 2021 or 2022, fully if PHI wins Finals)

Much harder to move $26,500 than $14,500.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:49 pm

dboss wrote:How about going after Jerami Grant?

According to the NBA trade machine tool you could move both Schroder and Richardson for him.  The numbers work but a 1st round pick may be needed.  In a separate transaction with Detroit, the Celtics could use a portion of one of their TPE's to snag a PG.  Ready to play Corey Joseph can BU Marcus.

This transaction would however keep the team in luxury tax hell for the year.

Grant would fit nicely with the Jays in a lineup where he can swing between SF and PF. At 27 he fits the timeline.

Why Detroit makes the trade?  They get a first rounder to help with their ongoing rebuild and they get to dump some salary that could open the door for other moves.  
Really like Jeremy Grant but I am reluctant to send out Josh even though Grant has probably more upside. Maybe someone other than Josh. NO to Corey Joseph.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:18 pm

So please share your reluctance in sending out Josh and why you do not like Joseph, a good 3 point shooter.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:52 pm

Grant might be the better player, but JRich fits in well here and don’t know if Jemari brings enough guard skills, which JRich does very well. JRich is a great change of pace attacker/ball handler for us, love the way he probes, makes fast decisions and can finish with either hand and get his midrange and 3 point jumper off. He’s very quick footed with abundance of guard skills. Grant is closer to J’s with less explosion, quickness and ball handling skills. I think he makes our offense slower and more predictable, possibly adding to even more turnovers because his skill set is a poorer mans version of J’s.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:02 am

I too think GWill would be the better choice to send out. I like what Josh can give us as Cowens pointed out.

As for Joseph, 3 pt shooting notwithstanding, I just don't think he’s that good of a PG and a player who can enhance the J’s.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next